At the 69th International Executive Council (IEC) Meeting and International Conference of the ICID held from 12–17 August 2018, Saskatoon, Canada, the ICID Young Professional’s e-Forum held her 3rd Annual Meeting on 14 August 2018 and agreed on the following e-discussion topics for the year 2019.
- Non-conventional water use/re-use in irrigation
Coordinator: Ms. Eman Ragab (15 – 31 January 2019) – Background Note
- Solar-Powered Irrigation Systems: Exploring the Opportunities and Threats
Coordinator: Mr. Amali A. Amali (15 February – 2 March 2018) – Full Background Note here
- Soil conditions (wellbeing) to ensure sustainable agriculture and coping with climate change
Coordinators: Mrs. Kathleen Murray and Mr. Shoaib Saboory (15-31 March 2019) – Full Background Note here
- Flood management in Agriculture
Coordinator: Ms. Sahar Norouzi (15-30 April 2019) – Full Background Note here
- Cost-effectiveness of field drainage (subsurface drainage or open channel drainage), Coordinator: Ms. Adey Mersha and Mrs. Kathleen (15-31 May 2019) Full Background Note Here
Based on the active participation in and rich contribution to the e-discussions, Young Professionals will be selected for Scholarship to attend the Third World Irrigation Forum of the ICID scheduled for 1-7 September 2019 Bali, Indonesia.